Friday, October 15, 2010

Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder


There is definitely something wrong with me. It used to be that I would pep up every fall and get pretty glum every spring. I thought that living in Stockholm in the winter didn't sound too bad. I couldn't stand the first hot day of the year. And I still don't like wearing shorts, no matter the temperature.

While I've noticed in the last few years that this effect has lessened, I've in the same time developed a distinct and consistent lack of interest in the playoffs, particularly after the first round. This might be due to my fecklessness, team-wise. Really, Yankees/Rangers, Phillies/Giants? Who cares? I might find it in my heart to root for Tim Lincecum's hair, but that's about it.

Anyway, I'm batting around the prospect of a last-minute trip to the Arizona Fall League, but more realistically I'm beginning to plan for next year. Look for us at the New Hampshire Fisher Cats opening homestand.

No comments:

Post a Comment